Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Silk chiffon!

Just finished a dress in ming blue embroidered silk chiffon. OMG - what a  challenge. This is the first time I have used this fabric. This garment is definitely NOT for show and tell. So to add to my challenge, I am now making a top out of the same fabric - hopefully to put all my 'learning opportunities' into practice and come up with a much better result. We'll see....

BTW, I did also make an under shift in matching jersey - for the sake of modesty!

5 comments:

  1. OMG, I had to nurse her through the ordeal. What we sewing buddies (ie husbands) have to endure.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glenys.
    We have missed you at the last few meetings. Hope to see you at the Feb meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour Genevieve and the style of dress suits the fabric perfectly. Sheers make such lovely garments but, yes, challenging is definitely the word to describe the sewing journey with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks beautiful Genevieve, love the colour & I think you should bring it for show and tell!

    ReplyDelete